POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Saturday morning doodle : Re: Saturday morning doodle Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:32:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saturday morning doodle
From: St
Date: 16 Sep 2008 13:01:16
Message: <48cfe65c@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote in message

> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:48cb9f1c@news.povray.org...
>> Designing these for my daughter.

> Amazing, Steve.

   Everything flowed on that morning Thomas! You know those early mornings.
You can get a lot done at those times. ;)

    Thank you.

Every little detail is taken care of, even down to the
> little marks on the inside of the rings, and tiny scratches in the metal
> (or
> so they seem to be).

   Oh, those scratches...  I made bumpmap image. Here is the image -  in the
attached as a *.png.

   Please use the image as you see fit Thomas - (this is for everyone of
course. Have a play and post your pics!)

   Here's the code to go with your metal texture:

   T_Silver_2A

      finish{diffuse 0.3 ambient  0  specular 0.6 reflection

  {0.8 metallic}

   conserve_energy}

    normal {
      bump_map {
         png "scratches2.png"
         bump_size .5
         interpolate 2
         }

     scale 1.45
      rotate <0, 3, 3>
   }
   finish {ambient  0 reflection .55  phong 1}}

I have the feeling that the wood of the table is a bit
> too reflective, like a sheet of glass overlying it. On purpose?

   Heh, yes, for effect only. I was lucky, I tried about 30 x * .HDR images
in this scene before I got the right one!  :)

     ~Steve~

> Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: